Friday, February 25, 2011

Fantasy Football Preview Week 28

Fantasy Football Preview Week 28

Okay the bursts of mega fixtures have come to an end and now it’s back into bleak weeks of looking at 40 or 50 point hauls eh?………

State Of Play


Or this finally my chance to pounce and make up the 99 point deficit between my team, Len Rovers, and the current leaders of The Back Of The Net Boy league, One Horse Race. [Who is not walking away with the trophy (note – there is no trophy), 4 or 5 other teams all in with a shout to win by the end of the season]

Vindication


I made a fine haul 125+ points, but only 5 players got double figures, Van Persie as captain was handy, but if I’d captained Adam I’d snuck a few more points

D’oh


By virtue of having told you 5 players of mine got double points or more, I guess you’ve worked 6 of my players FAILED.

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


Okay Hughes returns to Eastlands, where would they be now if they’d kept them? Will he get a warm welcome, you can only hope so

Transfers


Bring Stewert Downing in for Adam, as he is suspended for next 2 weeks, part of me wanted to get Andy Reid out stupid Irish pride (but sure I don’t even like sliced pan!!!!)

Theory/Selection


Simply put will play the 10 players of mine who have a game. Nani & Vidic play twice so maybe summat will happen there, but Torres getting his groove back on his aul enemy/bitch Vidic could happen too!

My captain will be Nani and I can only hope he plays both games

My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


My rosary beads

Captains Corner with Phergal


so no premier league fixtures this weekend for arsenal, birmingham and spurs. i imagine many will have lots from these teams due to the doubles last week. i had planned meticulously to have just enough from these teams to enable me to keep them on the bench and field a full 11 this week, but alas, injuries rear their ugly head again, with cahill and adam doubtful.

anyway, man u have the only double in the league this week so obviously the most popular pick for captaincy. nani is the main choice but you won't be making much ground if he delivers as most other serious managers will be captaining him. rooney could be a good shout here too.

if you want to go against the masses and make up some ground in your leagues try: DJ Campbell at wolves, tevez @hom to fulham and suarez @ westham.

2 comments:

  1. i realise I only got 95 point last week, look what happens when you type off the top of your head

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the double mention Ronan :-) Could struggle this week. Had to take a points hit to bring in an extra player. Still short a full team as I have a lot of Tottenham/Arsenal players. Hopefully Nani will keep me afloat.

    ReplyDelete