Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 2

only 58 points last week, not terrible, but i reckon 65 to 70 points a week needs to be the average to win this year. we've a strong league this year.

Vindication
So while everyone who took a gamble on Drogba was happy with how it pay off handsomely: I'm still happy with my decision as captain, I thought that Berbatov was due to come to form worked too. Now I reckon he’ll stay in good run of form and certainly stay in first team (Rooney is unquestionably gone off the boil, and hasn’t had a true break since last August). I’ve the feeling while Fergie will blood the noobs, he’ll still go with an experienced leader of the line. But having said that I won’t make him my captain this week, due to the fact it’s an away match to Fulham (a fixture that’s been a boogey team in recent years for the Red Devils), and it’s just always better to captain a player at home. There you go that’s fate tempted

- Also happy that I didn’t go with Howard as keeper. Once again having a keeper playing at home is a good trend. I still don’t know why professional players consistently play better at home, but who am I to judge I can barely play well in kickabouts.

D’oh

1) Main regret has gotta be Arshavin not performing, even when Liverpool were down to ten men. I’m trying to think of the last great, sexy performance he had actually, but I’ll stick with him this week due to Nasri injury (out for a month) and Fabregas not being expected to play, so he should still be the fulcrum of the attack, and it’s at home to Blackpool (who are second in the league!).

2) Everton’s traditional slow start to the season, also meant Arteta only picked up 2 points, but hopefully he’ll turn that around this week. Baines was pick earner last season, helped massively by his set piece assists, but the 19th best Spanish midfielder in the world will be taking them when he plays.

3) Ferreira coming off after 59 minutes was a kick in the baby making parts, and getting booked means he got my zero points. Another minute on the pitch would have got me 5 points. I also fear he mightn’t play this week due to Ivanovic both replacing him and coming back to fitness. (Ancelotti tried to buy him when at Milan, so it shows he rates him)

Hunch

1) For reasons stated 10 lines ago, I’m going with Arshavin as captain. He should be very involved in game and once again the playing at home factor should help.

2) Going with 5 man back line, I have had to drop Petrov, cos maybe West Ham will pull it together while hosting Bolton. He is my 12th man, and perhaps with Sunderland signing Wellbeck, Mister Bruce might want to blood him straight away, ergo dropping Frazier Campbell, but the flipside to that is Frazier might decide to try and stamp his authority.

Theory/Selection

My back 6 (even allowing for my fear of Fulham nicking a goal or two against United) conceivably should pull 30-32 points. Handy foundation for a good game week score.

Doubt Bale will play due to his exertions on Tuesday, but actually maybe Redknapp can’t drop him due to his great play on Sat against Man City. Nah it’s Stoke away for him, they’re tight and will probably try and shackle him

Transfers

Doing none this week, so that I’ve 2 to play with next week. I’ve 1.5 million to play with and if Ireland comes good straight out of the trap(-atoninis!), I might bring him and Malouda in next week.

My Team this week
(Bearing in mind I catch a ferry to Wales in 4 hours, I’ve no chance to change this)

1: Howard
2: Ferreira
3: Jagielka
4: Evans J
5: Vidic
6: Cole A
7: Arteta
8: Arshavin (C)
9: Essien
10: Berbatov
11: Campbell

12: Jaaskelainen
13: Petrov
14: Bale
15: Doyle

1 comment:

  1. The only thing worse than your team not scoring is if your bench has a blinder.
    Had Baptiste as my 3rd sub and he got 12 points, more than any other defender.
    Leaving him on the bench again this week.
    It cant happen again can it?

    ReplyDelete