Friday, August 27, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Game Week 3

Overview
A terrible week at Len Rovers HQ, getting only 51 points was terrible. Have slipped to 42nd in our league, such a low spot is sated somewhat due to the Douglas Adams’s connotations. (For a sense of context; my novelty team I have put together for my 7-week-old son did better than me for second week in a row.)


Vindication
Captaining Arshavin was my only piece of work last week, in fact he got 40% of my score. But even saying that, more than 30 players scored more points than Arshavin last week. I am getting more disappointed as I type that last sentence.

I’ve nothing else to bring to the table on this front this week.

D’oh

My main regret this week was the fact that, my captain aside, my subs bench (4 players) accrued more points than the rest of the first team (10 players). I go on and on about making decisions based on numbers than fame, and those numbers don’t add up well for me at all.

1) The team delivered so little; my second highest scorer was 6 points. Last week’s theory “My back 6 (even allowing for my fear of Fulham nicking a goal or two against United) conceivably should pull 30-32 points. Handy foundation for a good game week score”, kicked me in the face. Fulham did indeed nick 2 goals, and my back 6 delivered a whopping 17 points.

2) My other theory “Doubt Bale will play due to his exertions on Tuesday, but actually maybe Redknapp can’t drop him due to his great play on Sat against Man City. Nah it’s Stoke away for him, they’re tight and will probably try and shackle him” also decided to bite me in the ass. He scored 2 points short of my entire defence. D’OHHH

Silver Lining
At least I didn't have a defender at the end of 1 6-0 drubbing or a player who missed a penalty though!

This Weeks Hunch

This week my hunches need to not be desperate lunges at making up lost points, so I’ve decided to go against my usual rule of NEVER EVER EVER making transfers to cost 4/8/12 points, but my gut told me, I had to bring in Drogba straight away, and plonk my captain’s armband on him, so…

Transfers

Arteta replaced by Nolan
Essien replaced by Huddlestone
Berbatov replaced by Drogba
These transfers will deduct the following points from your total: 4

By virtue of needing to bring Drogba in I had to drop Berbatov to have the kitty money and then Essien due to needing to balance the books for how many Chelsea players I have in the team, I brought in Nolan, who is classed as a midfielder, even though he plays behind Carroll upfront, and got 2 goals last week. Also since he is part of the trio who ‘lead’ the team with Alan Smith and Joey Barton, and all three are considered ‘undroppable’. I still need to make another .7 million, so I decided to drop sell Arteta to get in Huddlestone. (2 reasons. 1: Spurs have a great run of fixtures coming up, Everton have a wounded Villa and hungry Man Utd on their radar. 2: 2.5 million price difference)

Theory/Selection

Drogba captain is a shoe in. Am going with no Everton players in back 6, and once again it is not impossible all 6 of my defenders & keepers will score points. (Ivanovic is apparently carrying a knock, so hopefully Ferreira will play the full 90 minutes). I am hoping Wolves/Newcastle will be a high score draw, with both my interests being involved. Also am saying a novena that Wigan’s bad form continues, and that Huddlestone and Bale have a field day.

Not too keen on Blackburn/Arsenal match, but ‘these are the matches Arsenal will need to start to win if they want to win the league etc etc etc’, so Arshavin should have something to say about that.

My Team this week

1: Jaaskelainen Birmingham (H)
2: Ferreira Stoke City (H)
3: Evans J West Ham (H)
4: Vidic West Ham (H)
5: Cole A Stoke City (H)
6: Nolan Wolves (A)
7: Arshavin Blackburn (A)
8: Huddlestone Wigan (H)
9: Bale Wigan (H)
10: Drogba (C) Stoke City (H)
11: Doyle Newcastle (H)

12: Howard Aston Villa (A)
13: Petrov Birmingham (H)
14: Jagielka Aston Villa (A)
15: Campbell Man City (H)

Keeping An Eye On

Diouf, the (on loan from Man Utd) Blackburn striker who scored a hat trick in the Carling Cup, very cheap at moment, so let’s see how he does. But apparently Blackburn are very close to signing Muntari as well, which would limit Diouf’s first team chances. Looking at N’Gog too, looks like a first teamer now, very cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment