Friday, March 18, 2011

Fantasy Football Preview Week 30

Fantasy Football Preview Week 30

Okay, we’re really getting into the throes of the season now eh? Players dropping out dues to injuries related to tiredness, managers getting under pressure, ref getting under double the amount of scrutiny. And we start separating the wheat from the chaff in beloved Fantasy Football.

State Of Play


I’m only 70 points off the top now lads! I managed 60 points when the average was 36 and jumped another 2 places. It would have been one more if not for alphabetical order being kinder to Colin than me.

Vindication


Well baines was my highest performer and I had captained him so that’s good. Funnily enough no one scored that highly for me, but a lot of competitors had backed the wrong horses (let’s hope that form continues, both here and for Cheltenham!)

D’oh


As I said noone really performed, too many players got 3s & 4s. Particularly my double gameweek players.

It’s been a bad gameweek for injuries for me too, Nani & Schezney out for next 6 weeks, so they both have to go, which postpones any tactical changes I had planned to make.


Questions / Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


According to the always handy www.physioroom.com, Man Utd’s injury list has swelled to 10 players out, that’ll have obvious knock on effects on clean sheets. How many more players will be gone (and his stands for all the clubs) after the two internationals between now and next gameweek.

Is this the time for Arsenal to go into overdrive, I decided after Barcelona match that I’d like to Arsenal win the league, but my emotional priority is Len Rovers in out league.

Is this the time to get on the West Ham roller coaster, they are in startling form but there fixture list is horrendous, Spurs, Chelsea and both Manchester teams await in their next 6 games

Can spurs keep their eye on the ball on both fronts. They have the squad to do it, defoe scored his first goals in ages against Spurs, he’s always a fits and bursts striker but can he even be assured of a starting spot anyway?

And is Liverpool, the Suarez show, mister 5 yard hatrick Kuyt AND Carrol to start playing now. Carrol the Geordie could make his full debut against Sunderland

Transfers


Schezney is out for what seems rest of season, and with Hart @ Chelsea, I want to use another keepers. Now I now Chelsea parked the bus at arsenal early this season (if memory serves they didn’t have a single shot, or bother to try), so we can assume that’s what’ll happen at the Bridge this weekend, however Chelsea should be capable of unlocking that defence better than the Arsenal tweeners, due to the fact the pensioners have more than one way of trying to score a goal. And Torres needs to explode soon, scoring a few goals to help The Old New Money leapfrog the The New New Money.

So I’m bringing Howard in, as he looks like he has a relatively easy run of fixtures (the caveat of Everton being terribly unreliable this year hovers over me though). As  a result of that I need to lose an Everton outfield player, so dropping Beckford (whose form this year has encapsulated Everton’s this season) and brining in Van Persie. The reasons are pretty much all here - http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/pundit.mc

I expect to play my wildcard for next gameweek, as I anticipate injuries from them to buck a few teams up. I have a premonition Spurs will lose a player or two for a few weeks, perhaps Modric or Saint Van Der Vaart.

Also I am biast, but I want a Wolves resurgence happening soon.

Theory/Selection


I’ve hummed and hawed about this and to be honest not sure, and not sure about captain either. I’m veering towards Downing but Nani is in good form and I see any goals against Bolton as a cross or break away. Actually I will go with Downing, cows (a) I need to stick with my differentials policy to catch up on people ahead of me and (b) Pherg also highlights him as a pick of the bunch

My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


More so the injuries next week more so than a specific player

Captains Corner with Phergal


truely awful week last week, finished on 24 points. everyone else seemed to be doing bad tho, so not too disappointed. went from 2nd to 5th in my most competitive league.

some big name injuries this week to add to your woes; nani, fabregas, arteta etc. so they'll be a lot of point deduction transfers shipping them out i'd imagine. try to field an 11 without a points hit and give yourself a 4 point head start on your rivals.

anyway, i like two matched this week, first is man u @home to bolton. i finally got rooney in for berba and will be captaining him myself, murphy's law will apply i'm sure, with berba getting a hat trick. so captain berba and reap some of my misfortune. *sigh*

i like villa @home to wolves, bent, young and downing look nice pics.

i'd be a bit nervous with arsenal away to west brom. no fab, and a RVP not fully fit but who knows, they might bounce back after their exit from the champions league, especially with united tantalisingly close. nasri maybe and rvp if he plays.


No comments:

Post a Comment