Friday, April 8, 2011

Fantasy Football Preview Week 32

Fantasy Football Preview Week 32

First of all, sorry we didn’t do a blog last game week, Friday completely went awry for me.

State Of Play


1 fucking point more than the average, I was tempted to play my wildcard, and that selection I had in mind wouldn’t have done too much better. I’ve still moved up a place, but still 76 points off the top, I’ll keep going till the fat lady sings. Will be happy with a champions league place.

Vindication


Not much vindication to be fair, none of my hunches paid off. On a real slight point, my goalkeeping choice paid off (Howard only got one point)

D’oh


6 players got three points or less, which was a ball sack of a result. Johnson, the sub number 1, would have got me eight point, that mixed with what I would have got if I had made Van Persie, my captain Len Rovers would be currently sitting in 10th place.


Questions / Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


All of these are covered in the following section…

Transfers/Selection


Just gonna use my double transfer this week, and next game week it’ll be clear if Chelsea or Utd are in champions league, whoever is out I will use as the spine of my team, it’ll have to be a team built on differentials (as they say in Fantasy Football Scout). So a result my two selections are based on short term, one game week needs. Gonna put my eggs in my basket and go with Sunderland players I reckon, at home against West Brom, after a 5 goal thumping. Luis is defo too.

So in short I made three transfers in Cech in cos Chelsea play 3 times in next two games, I expect a tiny increase in Cech’s price next game week, so might save me .1 or .2 million, and subbed Hart out (can’t see the game with Liverpool being a no score either). Also with Man City not playing next week Hart’s value might suffer an inverse price drop.

I doubt Howard will keep a clean sheet at Wolves either, what with the home team really trying to kick on and avoid relegation, however I’ll keep Baines as his dead ball skills, and associated assists, will surely come into play at that game.

Now with my Sunderland theory, I’ve brought in Bardsley, their best performing defender this season, and since I have him, it’s not in my interest to have Vela score if he does (not that he’s at great form since joining them on loan anyway). My third transfer in (thus incurring a 4 point cost, but if it pays off it’ll more than make up for it) is Danny Welbeck. The other factor is since both those Mackems are English there is a better chance they’ll pick up bonus points.


Theory/Selection


Have decided to build a team simply on first off selecting all my players who are at home, and that leaves me with just Nasri & Van Persie who will be away at Blackpool (that will be a goal fest…. surely). I reckon Villa should do okay against the visiting Newcastle (who are missing Nolan and Leon Best). And while Dempsey could prosper against Man Utd (off hand I think he has a good record against them), once again it would be counter productive for me to have Vidic and Dempsey, one’s success would be negated by the other’s loss of potential points. Maybe this is all trite cos by game week 32 you’ve surely worked out these tendencies anyway.

My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


Everyone is in contention for my new look end of season run-in squad.

Captains Corner with Phergal


two strong fixtures this weekend, Chelsea @home to wigan and arsenal away to blackpool.

i much prefer the chelsea fixture. home game, bounce back from 1-0 defeat to united in champions league, plus the 6-0 annihilation they gave wigan away from home at the start of the season. three candidates spring to mind. drogba, although he has yet to return to the form of old so might be a slight gamble. a resurgent lampard seems a good bet, but who can afford him now if you don't already have him? not me. captain if you have him. and thirdly new golden boy luiz who could nab a clean sheet and an assist or goal quite easily for a nice 10 points. notice how i didn't torres? no one in their rigth mind should even have him in your team at the moment.

arsenal are away and tbh, i actually think it's hard to predict this one. they've been a bit crap lately, squadering chance after chance to pull level with united in the table. RVP is a good bet but are injuries starting to niggle him again? fab and nasri are nice shouts, but wouldn't get you anything spectacular i think. worth a punt.

for a third fixture, how about united @home to fulham? rooney's out so berba good be a good shout. nani too.

1 comment:

  1. Meireles
    Malouda
    Nani
    Adam(C)
    Nasri

    Suarez
    Tevez

    Front 7 made of gold. I hope.

    ReplyDelete