Friday, April 15, 2011

Fantasy Football Preview Week 33

Hey there sportsfan! We're at the business end of the season now, 5 more gameweeks, five more blogs, then that "summer" thing everyone is talking about

State Of Play

Whoo Hoo, 15 points better than average (even though as I’ve said before, the average is getting skewed by the people who’ve lost interest and have left teams dormant). On the Back Of The Net Boy league, I am now 85 points of top, where I’ve been bobbing around for last few weeks; and 20 off the top ten.

Vindication

My keeper and back three all got 6 points or more…

D’oh

… but everyone ahead of me, let the team down. If I’d captained Nani or Van Persie, I’d be in top ten not. In fact Bent has left down so much, he has now left the Len Rovers squad, till next season at earliest. (that’s all covered in later section)

Questions / Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it

It’s all about if Chelsea pull their socks up, and Arsenal pull themselves together for “5 cup finals”, as the annoying cliché goes. The tasty Norf London derby awaits us too, that could be scentalating, neither team can defend right and both teams are chasing points, and Arsenal get the extra bonus of effectively ruining Spurs chance of stepping back into the Champions League if they manage to stay on course for premiership. If spurs don’t get in, the squad will quickly distentigrate with the big names moving to “bigger clubs”, and that’d be a very satisfactory 90 minutes at the office for any myopic gooner.

And can Torres break his duck against a team now managed by the man who was his Boss just a few months ago? Can torres hurt Hodgson from both sides in one year?

Transfers/Selection

WILD CARD – WILD CARD – WILD CARD!!!!

Not even looking at my current team, I started from the top. 3 players from all the double game week players .

Chelsea: Cech/Luiz/Lampard… I am hoping there isn’t a champion league exit hangover, and rather a late roy of the rovers title charge, built on Lampard penalties and midfield blasters and Chelsea clean sheets, (both have happened a lot over the years)

Arsenal: I went marquee baby, Van Persie and Fabregas, can’t rely or trust any of the rest of the squad,. I always have a soft spot for Song but change my mind when I see him, not in a racist way it’s a hairest thing.

Then the Birmingham conondrum, they are actually having a terrible season, but still… it’s like when yer in the tail end of a relationship but you really want it to work out. So I went with Johnson (no major groundbreaking decision, then following fantasy premier league tips, I went with Gardner, due to his penalty taking. And Phillips up front, mainly because it’s surely my last season I can sign him, and I’ve always liked him, especially on championship manager. And he’s buddies in real life with Niall Quinn, how can you not like him! (I know he won’t play full games twice, but 1 goal and a few mins in both will be almost worth it), actually I’ll have him on the bench. DO you know what, he’s a pointless buy, so I’m gonan go with a cheap ass striker, as he’ll be sub 2 or 3 anyway. Ebanks-Blake come on down, double gameweek next week (none this week), so I’ll be prepared for that, he is first choice striker in absence of Doyle. (bringing Jarvis & Hennessy for Wolves in for same reason, good to be ready for then)

That’s it then! Probably make 3 transfers next week, I wonder is my wildcard use means my standard transfer credit passes over? Let’s find out!!!

The one problem with wildcard use, is I can keep tweaking it all night, but I do have my son so I’ll hope I’m a focused father!

so here is the list of all my transfers today, the Kitman here at Len Rovers will be up all night stitching the names onto new jerseys.

Theory/Selection


It’s pretty much all explained via the previous section, I’ll pile on my 8 double game week players, and then the only real decision was Walker or Bardsley, both are playing away, so when with the latter just cos I reckon Sunderland need & want to buck up and therefore tighten up the defence, and also while West Ham are scoring as of late, Birmingham still aren’t, so Bardsley has slightly better chance of a clean sheet (even though I do want Gardner to score!)

Will make Lampard captain, due to him and his penalty taking, I bet you ancelotti will feck me over now and ‘rest’ him for one of the games.

My Team this week

Keeping An Eye On


Stoke V Bolton FA Cup semi final, realistically the loser will go on to have quite a hangover.

Captains Corner with Phergal


doubles ahoy again this weekend, so your captains should be coming from these fixtures.

chelsea have west brom @home, and birmingham away. very tasty indeed. the three stand outs for captain are drogba, lampard and luiz. drog came up short last week, so i'm going for him this week. i would captain lampard if i had him though.

birmingham also have a double, home to sunderland and away to chelsea, i wouldn't be too bothered with that one tbh.

arsenal have a double, but nowhere near as captain friendly as chelseas. I like arsenal @home to liverpool. both sides seem attractive. RVP doing the business last week is an obvious choice. the tricky away fixture then comes against spurs. maybe fab's time to finally shine this season against such strong opposition?

gamble-ish pick - charlie adam @home to wigan, battling for premiership survival, just one point ahead of west ham.

1 comment: