Friday, October 1, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 7

Yet another low scoring week at Len Rovers HQ, getting only 43 points. A new low this season. The sliver lining is that the average score is 40, I did better than most, but essentially the same amount of points off our league leader than before. Things have to change here, but how? Maybe bring Peter Reid in as an assistent


Vindication

Nothing, absolutely nothing. I meant to put Nasri as my captain and all. I did and forgot to save changes.

D’oh

The whole kaboodle. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool results were all aberrations, what were the odds on none of them winning? (3000-1, I was told after the fact. Like all great odds like that, I didn’t check it I’m jut repeating it)

Hunch

Medium Term
Is this the time for West Ham & Wigan to come good? Both have favourable runs of games, and as we all know the ‘lesser’ teams need to put a good run of wins to get breathing space from the relegation zones (I’ve always wondered what teams don’t’ need a good run of wins)

Man City have 1 hard game in next 5 too, so I’d go for them, but squad rotation makes it hard to guess. Micah Richards is doing well, and Manchini seems to keep same back 4 for league campaign so far.

But my hunch for this week is
Hart or Tevez as captain. I’ll go Tevez and hope he does a job. Since Carroll and Nolan are on my first 11 and I want them to score goal, no point me wanting Hart to keep a clean sheet.

Transfers

Trying to stop the silly extra transfers (have wasted 24 points doing so – even though you could argue, that the players made it back for me), which equals many league places. Could already mean I won’t win it). So it’s back to clever use of transers one week, an dleaving it off the following. I dropped Drogba for Tevez, purely to get 3.9 million in the kitty, cos I’d nowt to play with ‘going forward’. I’m pretty sure Van Der Vaart is coming in next week, as form continues especially since he got sent off in champions league means there’ll be no reason to rest him for this or next sat’s match.

Theory/Selection

I’m pretty sure Evans won’t play in Sunderland, unless Ferdinand or Vidic get rested; he just didn’t seize his chance when the big lanky injury prone forget fella was injured. I will start him in my team though, cos there’s a good chance Rio will limp off. And since Konsceky and Cleverly are injured, I’ll have only 12 outfield players to pick from.

And will this finally be the match Given gets a game. I’ll go with Hart anyway due to the pick-whichever-goalkeeper-is-playing-at home theory

My Team this week

1: Hart Newcastle (H)
2: Samba Stoke City (A)
3: Evans J Sunderland (A)
4: Vidic Sunderland (A)
5: Cole A Arsenal (A)
6: Nolan Man City (A)
7: Malouda Arsenal (A)
8: Nasri Chelsea (H)
9: Bale Aston Villa (H)
10: Carroll Blackpool (H)
11: Tevez (C) Blackpool (H)

12: Jaaskelainen West Brom (A)
13: Konchesky Blackpool (A)
14: Doyle Wigan (A)
15: Cleverly Wolves (H)

Keeping An Eye On

Van Der Vart (how fecking obvious), and Coleman at Everton (if everton’s bad form continues surely Moyes will change things round in defence, nice and cheap). Bent is also catching the eye and his ex teammate Jones who is nearly 2 million cheaper but defo full time starter.



Captains Corner with Phergal

(a new weekly feature now with friend of Back Of The Net Boy, a big fan of fantasy football, nut not basic grammer seemingly)

hard to pick anyone except drogba the last few weeks, he's almost guaranteed at least some points regardless of the opposition. last week with chelsea playing city people suddenly had to look elsewhere for captaincy choices, many piling their hopes on liverpool and arsenal. finally the game starting getting interesting, nothing like captaining against the masses on coming up trumps (i captained drogba :( ). so on to this week. liverpool remain a risky choice with their pretty awful form, however such is the class of torres you wouldn't bet against a brace at anfield at home to blackpool, especially with blackpool's nothing to lose attacking mentality. torres then and cole and gerrard remain decent captain picks although don't be surprised with another abysmal performace. city are a great bet this weekend at home to newcastle, hard to pick anyone there apart from tevez with city's midfield prone to rotation and not scoring especially high. The big match this weekend is arsenal chelsea in stamford bridge, these big matches tend to be either bore 1-0 affairs or very attacking games with lots of goals, drogba scored no less than 4 goals against arsenal last year who remain leaky at the back so he's a definite pick, although arsenal will have something to prove after the shock west brom result but remain plagued by injury, i'd go for a 3-1 result to chelsea. fancy a gamble? foster at home to everton.

No comments:

Post a Comment