Friday, October 29, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 10

From tiny steps come big change, my team scored 57, the average was 44. so I climbed up the leader board . But still 91 points off the top! In 31st spot in our league, my target is to hit top 20 this weekend.

Vindication

Not much to make me be able to preen and say I-told-you-so, Ashley Cole kept a clean sheet big surprise, and Nasri scored a goal. (I did predict that a Man Utd reserve would step out of Rooney’s limelight and while I was right, I didn’t even mention Hernadenz as a potential name to be that guy). I did predict Carroll to use his recent troubles as a fuel and he did pick up a goal, so there you go. I’m no Paul the octopus but still.

D’oh

Once again 5 players getting 2 points or less, which is a bollocks. Picking half a team of good point scorers is shit form. Tevez limping off helped pretty much every team end up a captain scoring 2 whole points. If only I’d captained Nasri eh?

Hunch / Drama

Even though I haven’t signed him this week, my gut is telling me Reo-Croker for Villa. He’s back in form the shadows, he’s been made captain, it’s the Birmingham derby. Scene is set for him to shine.

Transfers

Going to go with no transfers because I want to have the ability to make two changes in next game week without wasting more points (I’ve wasted 20 points doing extra transfers already).  But I means I have only 11 players outfield. Actually I will transfer Albrighton out and get Reo Croker in, just so I’ve a 12th man to play if one of my first 11 can’t make it. It also means I’ve a million in the kitty now.

Theory/Selection

Having the main strikers of the two teams in the Tyneside Derby is maybe a mad idea, but sure let’s see, I really need to shake things up and not do safe stuff. Due to Chelsea visiting Blackburn, I’ll drop Samba, even though it’s not impossible that Chelsea will drop points there. Will go for Hart over Jasssssssskeljgsdkallin for Bolton, as I reckon Liverpool are gonna spring on someone soon. Alex is a doubt, and I’ll be Samba on the bench.


Nasri will captain the team as a home game against West Ham might add up to a goal fest for the gunners

My Team this week



Keeping An Eye On

As ever Micah Richards is on my radar,


Captains Corner with Phergal

 Phergal is not providing a column this week, as I reminded him too late!

Have a good weekend everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment