Friday, October 15, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 8

I managed to get exactly the average score last week. This campaign has mediocrity written all over it so far. 40 points


Vindication
Nada, at least I captained Tevez (he was the second highest scorer of my team, with a whopping 5 points). Hart was my other option and he only got 2 points. Disasterous opening to this season. It s a bollix.

D’oh

I assumed there’d be a groundswell towards Alex, so I put him straight in after his premiership game a weekend ago, and then he went and got injured! But in terms of actual team selection, since only 11 of my outfield players played at all, I can only say d’oh about my keeper selection since Hart only got 2 points, whereas my sub, Jaaskelainen, got 4.


Hunch

My hunches seem to have no input to my team this week. I reckon due to Chelsea’s injury list one fo the Kakuta/Sturridge mob will score a few tasty points, but no point getting one of them in when there is no clear candiataes. It’s all much of a muchness there.


Transfers

Since I’ve already signed Alex, another transfer would cost be 4 points; I’ve no other clear transfer intentions anyway; Van der Vart is everyones go to guy at the moment, but 2 of the next 3 matches Spur play are Everton and Man Utd (I reckon Everton will be certainly up for a battle in the former, the same for United in the latter).

Theory/Selection

I think/fear I have only 11 outfielders gonna make an appearance, unless Evans get the nod ahead of Ferdinand (or he limps off injured) or Vidic, but I can’t see that. And Doyle mightn’t play either.

My Team this week


Keeping An Eye On

The form book (cliché etc) goes out the window with Mersey Derby, so a few Everton players I like the look of will have to wait another week.

Micah Richards is on my radar, and Van Der Vart (obviously) and Bent for sunderland



Captains Corner with Phergal
(a weekly feature now with friend of Back Of The Net Boy, a big fan of fantasy football)

no major standouts this weekend again, so careful captaincy choices are needed once again. United at home seem comfortable enough at home to west brom, nani and berbatov are nice picks, maybe even rooney if you still have him in your team and fancy a gamble. he has been playing a little bit better lately. i fancy two or three goals here, although west brom have shown fighting spirit so far, so it's far from an obvious choice.

I like city away to blackpool, i really think blackpool are riding a wave at the moment and i don't think they'll be able to stop tevez and co. banging a few past them. Tevez looks good here and is my own captain pick.

Chelsea remain good picks as always but away to villa is tricky. i wouldn't fancy too many goals here, and with chelseas defensive injuries maybe they'll play a less attacking game away from home.

I really like newcastle at home to leaky wigan, i reckon carroll will be starting again here and is a good pick, along with barton and nolan.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in agreement with Newcastle this weekend.. wish I had Nolan, but I'm lucky enough to have gotten in pretty early on the Carroll gravytrain.. and while Barton is a raving psychopath he's a crackin player.

    I'm pissed off I ditched Tevez so early. I had both him and Johnson from City earlier this season.. and I just have a ruthless approach in early season with such swinging prices in the top players.. I value form/monetary value more in the early season than losing 4/8/12 points in making sweeping changes.

    Club loyalty has nought to do with Fantasy Football.. so I have 0 Liverpool players... and even have Nani (who I fuckin HATE) in my team. Picked up John O'Shea for a decent price cause Sagna is injured.. I think United will sort themselves out defensively sooner rather than later.

    I'm gambling on leaving Bent in.. if he plays he plays.. if not a sub will have to do.

    Drogba - Dose - I bought him early (thank god) but the result of this is the fact that you can't sell and buy him again without losing half a mill or so. His Injury/Illness will suck a massive amount of points out of the team.

    Anyhoo.. all this matters not a jot if I get it wrong (again)

    ReplyDelete