Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 16

Short one this week, as I am sitting in a cold room in London at 1am and I need to get up at 7am to get to a laundrette and then Bristol. Long story.

Anway, I got scored 11 points more than the average last week, YEAH!!!! The average was only 44 points, BOOOO! Five players got 6 points or more, YEAAAH!!!! Six got two points or less, BOOO!

I’m getting really pissed off with how my considered decisions keep backfiring, but hopefully toward ends of the season, I’ll get bursts of luck in my favour. Which I need cos I’m 86 points off the top of the leader board.


Vindication


Nani as captain got me 24 points, but that’s hardly like I invented mercury is it? Nothing else really paid off, other than not playing Nolan I suppose.

D’oh


Where do I start, Rafael Van Der Vaart limping off and being injured for a month? Everton conceding 4 goals?

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


There’s nothing huge on the horizon this week I feel. As I type it’s Thursday night/Friday morning, perhaps there’ll be a burst of match cancelled, but you’d like to hope all the premier league grounds have correct pitch heating now. I’ll be away from my computer from tomorrow morning on, so I’ll have to make decisions on this not happening.

Maybe Everton will have a lot to proof at Chelsea, but the pensioners will too? It’s not gonna be nil all, that’s all I’ll guess.

Somewhere else in London, Fulham host Arsenal. Mark Hughes and Wenger have previous, with the latter criticising the formers tactics. Let’s see what happens. Also don’t forget that Fulham’s keeper Schwartzer who Arsenal were apparently ready to sign at during the summer just signed a new contract with Fulham. Is he going to show what they missed out on?

To be honest I’m expecting a hotchpotch of a weekend

Transfers


Won’t make any transfers and will rollover to next weekend.

Theory/Selection


Have a lot of players against other players in my team, have two Everton defenders and two Chelsea defenders, so contrary to my previous statement, I will pray for a nil all draw. Those 24 points would be pure handy. Actually I’ll drop Coleman for fear of Everton having another trouncing.

I don’t see it happening, but perhaps Bolton will score a freekick or something via Lee onto Elamander, I doubt they’ll keep a clean sheet, so I’ll go with Hart in goal.


My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


Noone this week, let’s see if someone comes to light when I’m hungoveredly scouring the newspapers on Monday as I return from ATP in Minehead. Whoop Whoop.

Captains Corner with Phergal


very tricky one this weekend, dire weather threatens a whole lot of matches this weekend so pay careful attention to news reports and your emergency captain options. blackpool have said they are confident the match against united will go ahead and this is the strongest match for a captaincy this week. nani is the top pick as usual and berbie, but gamblers might want to give rooney the nod, surely (don't call me shirley, RIP leslie) he can score here.

city and bolton looks a good game for goals, tevez is my own pick here and elmander is a decent pick also.

not a huge amount of other decnt fixtures, perhaps arsenal at home to fulham, nasri and perhaps cham. i like blackburn at home to wolves, Gamst pederson or maybe samba are nice options.


No comments:

Post a Comment