Friday, December 10, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 17

How are you? I had a great weekend! on a social level. Fantasy Football wise it was a bollix, going to once again to prove a good real life affects your internet life, I won’t be making that mistake again!

I left for a festival on Fri morning, so couldn’t change my captain from Nani after the Man Utd/Blackpool game got cancelled. And as a result my team was 6 points below the average score this week (average score was 43 points). And speaking of captaincy, I had the setting wrong so it went to Ashley Cole as a back up captain rather than Nasri, which cost me 28 points!!!! Fawking hell.

I am now back in 49th place, and a whacking 101 points off the top of the table. What a disaster. I need a Christmas miracle

I only had 8 players play at all. What a kick in the love sack,

Vindication


NOTHING

D’oh


The cancelled game and me being not near a computer.

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


This weekend’s marquee fixtures are Chelsea v Spurs and Man Utd v Arsenal, which is the start of a raft of big games in next few game weeks. This is also the start of counter productive team selections for instance having Vidic and Chanukah, means if one does their job well (i.e. keep a clean sheet or score a goal respectively), While one will get 6 points the other will only get 2 points, and therefore only average 4 points which is not a good haul, and then multiply that through your team. This is where making actual calls comes into it, as opposed to just banking on the leaders. This is where I will hopefully catch up on the leaders in this league.

History has shown us that Arsenal usually fold against Man Utd & Chelsea, such as the champions league game a few seasons back at the Emirates. But to be objective the Arsenal team is not really that young compared/inexperienced to the Man Utd. This wont’ be a whitewash either way I’d say.

Similarly the Chelsea V Spurs match won’t be good for defenders so front-load those teams. I think Defoe is going to have a blast this weekend, but am reluctant to sign him.

Newcastle Meltdown? Is this on the cards? As an Irishman I want them to fail now just to show them.
But judging by Andy Carroll’s Twitter today, they’ve already moved on to liking the new manager.

 

England Goalkeeper Face Off – Remember that mistake against the USA by the English goalkeeper, Rob Green? And now his long term replacement Joe Hart? Who’ll have more to prove at the Man City v West Ham match?

Transfers


Got two transfers this week, had intended to get rid of Cole and Alex from Chelsea, but got talked into keeping Cole by Mike, one of the leaders of our league.

I want Baines but am wary of having 3 Everton defenders. Joe.ie is suggesting Liverpool are gonan come into some good form from Torres and Skyrtel. I will go with the former, and sell Alex who is out till Feb anyway, and drop Varney (Blackpool have 4 tricky fixtures coming up) and bring in Bent, Sunderland have 4 winnable matches in next 6 games as well as a game with Man Utd (who he has history of scoring against). Bent is undroppable at Sunderland so that’s a good thing to be sure of.

I will keep Van der Vaart, even though he’s injured.
I wanted to get rid of Nolan too this week as he has a knock but I’ll stick with him.

So in short
Alex out – Skyrtel In
Varney out – Bent in
Left in Bank 2.1 Million

Theory/Selection


Everton at home to struggling Wigan, so will play both those defenders. So I’ll drop Ashley Cole since he’s away at Spurs and that must have goals at both ends. And even though I just bought him I’ll not play Skyrtel, so I can play Bent at Fuham (maybe that match will be a nil all draw, but I can see Newcastle scoring as a better chance). But since Nolan is maybe not gonna play, Skyrtel is my first sub.

Will go with Hart over Jasskegglan, simply cos I just can’t trust Bolton anymore and Man City’s tight defence should be okay against the toofless attack of West Ham.

Re: Captaincy it’s Nani v Nasri, and I’ll go with the former simply cos he’s at home. No real academic insight there.

My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


Goalkeepers, time to move Jagjhgjfasyibn at Bolton on soon. It’ll be between Foster and Gordon I reckon.

Captains Corner with Phergal


man city away to west ham probably looks like the best fixture on paper, but alas the volatile tevez is suspended this weekend. perhaps balotelli then for those who have him. still no midfielders are standing out from a FF perspective.

Everton look good at home to wigan, cahill is the man here, on wicked form, doesn't seem to get outlandish scores but a goal or assist against weak opposition is likely.

two big match ups this week, spurs at home to chelsea first and with chelsea continuing their dire form midweek in europe and with VDV out for spurs it feels like a 1-0 or 1-1 result, so avoid for captain choices.

the always entertaining arsenal united could produce a few goals, both vying for top spot. Nani and berbie as usual. Fab is likely out for this one, but nasri seems to stepping up to fill his boots recently so is a decent pick also.

although my head this week says cahill, i'm going with elmander myself, at home to blackburn and "due a goal" as they say.

gamble picks? bale or foster.


No comments:

Post a Comment