Friday, December 17, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 18

Woah we’re halfway there. Gameweek 18 of a 36 game campaign

47 points when the average was 38, not bad but I won’t be getting a parade on Patrick Street cos of it.
I’m still 101 points of the top of our league

Vindication


Picking Nani as captain over Nasri was the only thing really, that could count as managerial insight

D’oh


I swear I saved my changes but somehow Coleman was my 14th man at the weekend, his 7 points was a better haul than 8 of his team mates

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


Chelsea – United is where all the drama will be if you believe only things Sky tells you. All I see is a low scoring game with players scoring points which will take potential points off other members of your team (I still need to work out a better phrase for that!)

Stoke playing Arsenal, is the first time they’ve met since ‘that tackle”, let’s see what happens in the Emirates.

Also will the great freeze take any games off us? Blackpool are due to be at home to Spurs, but they have no undersoil heating. I only have one Spurs player, and no Blackpool ones. But I will be checking early in the morning

Transfers


Got 2.1 million in the bank, not gonna make a transfer this week so I have two next week. Interestingly I head today that the guy who is leading this game overall has only made 12 transfers all week, goes to show that making good decisions once beats weekly tinkering.

That is based on the assumption that no games have been postponed

Theory/Selection


Two simple ones, I don’t fancy Everton doing well at Man City (Everton can barely score a goal, Man City don’t seem to concede much), so I’ve put both Distin and Coleman on the bench, and also I don’t think Bolton will do well at Sunderland, but I have to play one of my two trotters so went with Elamander in my 11 over Lee.


My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


Foster and Gordon are fighting for my second GK spot like X-Factor finalists, both averaging 4points a game

Captains Corner with Phergal


On way to me, will post in comments section


1 comment:

  1. more terrible weather this weekend across england so watch the news for any cancellations.

    i've too big gamble picks this weekend, one of which will be my own captain. fabregas at home to stoke and torres at home to fulham. Fab only came on in the second half against united last weekend and didn't have a huge impact and looked he was maybe a bit worried about the old hammy. i expect a bit more confidence this weekend and could score big here. i've been hanging on to torres for weeks now waiting for a repeat of his chelsea performance. we know he has the class, just needs to get his form back. pool will be looking to bounce back from the defeat to newcastle. i'm going with torres i think.

    big game this weekend is chelsea @home to united. i see two great sides here at opposite sides of the form and confidence scales. i expect united to take this maybe 2-0. i'm not going to mention rooney anymore until he starts banging them in. nani and berb then.

    i like blackburn @h to westham. blackburn have a lovely set of fixtures coming up after so i've brought in gamst pederson and jones the last few weeks. very tempted to captain GP. keep an eye on david dunn too, if he hits form and stays fit in the future he's great captain material although he has admitted he can't play full seasons anymore.

    tottenham away to blackpool looks good too.

    gamble pick: foster again.

    ReplyDelete