Friday, November 5, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 11

Tiny steps again, 52 points scored against an average of 47, so a 5 point upswing! woo woo, bring out the confetti. But now a whopping 100 points of the top, which is being led by Mike Daly (who plays in a band called the Devil Tree. Devil? Devil? Devil? Is there some sort of Robert Johnson thing going on here? And yes, my son’s novelty team are still doing better than me.

Don’t forget there are 3 gameweeks in the next 9 days, so while there’s no double games for players, there is certainly gonna be rotation issues  (there will be a blog on Tuesday too)

Vindication

None of my bench scored more than the players on the pitch. There that is my main vindication this week. WHICH IS PATHETHETHIC. Why did I sell Nolan? I genuinely can’t remember my reasoning for that? Why did I keep Cleverly over him?

D’oh

This week only 4 players got a pair of points or less. Looking at my latest point scores screen is like watching ballet, cos all I see is two-two’s. If I’d captained Vidic eh?, An extra 14 points for Len Rovers.

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it

Joe Cole playing against Chelsea was gonna be one, but It’s not happening. Hernadez cementing his position so that Rooney is considered his understudy, is that narrative forming? Less headline, is the Fulham revolution really coming together with Dembele really stepping up with Dempsey to become a very good midfield/attacker (total cost 11.3 million) combo? They should topple villa, then they have Chelsea midweek, but if they ride that storm they have Newcastle and then the big Mark Hughes versus Man City (I won’t say Manchini cos he could be gone by then). [also Everton are capable of winning their next 5 matches folks]

Transfers

I got rid of Tevez, cos if his injury but also he’s injured; and cleverly cos he’s just not making the impact at Wigan I hoped he would, I brought in Walcott (cos he should play at least 2 of the next 3 matches, and he is on sweet sweet form) and Varney of Blackpool. The latter just cos he’s well cheap and in form. I intend to move back to 5-4-1 and 5-3-2 predominately now, and 3rd choice striker will be my least important of the 16

Theory/Selection

With the midweek fixtures in mind, I have tried to put together a squad that will need no transfers on wed, so I can have two to pay with this time next week. So I think my first 11 will play, Malouda might get rested due to his ankle knock in Champions League, but I can imagine Ancelloti wanting to beat Liverpool with his best team and Malouda against a shaky Glen Johnson sounds good to me.


Am gonna go with JadhkeBVAlin in goal cos (1) he’s at home and (2) spurs must be jaded after champions league. Just thinking about that now that means I don’t want Bale to score if he plays. I better go with Hart, otherwise it’s a counterproductive pick.

Samba as my captain, cos I cant’ reply on any of my midfielders to play, and he’s at home to Wigan. I expect a clean sheet and wouldn’t be surprised by a goal from a set piece. *(this is subject to change at any point between now and 11am, depending on hunch. If so I’ll post it in the comments section)

My Team this week



Keeping An Eye On

As ever Micah Richards is on my radar… I reckon Fulham and Everton players will be where I will be signing for next few weeks, Baines, Arteta, Dempsey and Dembele in main part. Also Stephen Hunt and Dirky Kuyty when he comes back from injury, he’d 2 goals in 5 games as a midfielder, and let’s be honest Liverpool will put him back in first team ASAP.


Captains Corner with Phergal

nani was the obvious choice this week at home to wolves until an injury concern seems to have ruled him out although in he has stated he hopes to be fit for it. possibly worth a gamble then and pay careful attention to your emergency captain setting. staying with united, berbatov and hernandez are decent picks. ancelotti has ruled out a start for malouda so drogba again is a decent enough pick at anfield although who knows how liverpool will play on the day. arsenal against newcastle at home is another tasty fixture, fabregas here is my own pick, he's due a points haul, chamakh is good also. tevez out also and with no real obvious captain pick and west brom playing well i'd avoid this one. gamble pick: jones of blackburn at home to wigan.

Have a good weekend everybody from Ronan, hey pherg why don't you get a return button installed on yer keyboard!

1 comment:

  1. ................Robinson

    Coleman - Rog Johnson - Dann - Sagna

    .......Fabregas - Bale - Malouda

    ........Bent - Torres - Hernandez

    Come ON!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete