Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 12

Fantasy Football Preview Week 12

What a pathetic week but everyone seems to be saying that, I got 38 points which was a whopping FOUR POINTS up on the average score. High-Lariously my son’s novelty team did equally as well as my team that I pain myself managing. There was a change at the top of the table anyway with Dynamo Douglas taking top spot by a meager point. But sure it all counts

Vindication


Sticking with Coleman who picked up a goal, and sticking with Hart over Jashkjglklain in goal are the only highlights of my team. That is pushing the concept of vindication to it’s limited.

D’oh


Only four of my players got 4 points or more. And my gamble to captain Samba was a balls, to be fair the other people I considered on my team to be the captain did equally poorly.

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


Okay it’s all about the Manchester Derby, but let’s see where there might be drama elsewhere in the fixtures.

Wolves v Arsenal, considering all the plaudits Wolves have received in last few weeks you’d almost forget they’ve lost every game. Now they have a stumbling Arsenal come to their turf, is this the time for a Scrappy Doo style punch against the gunners. Maybe Doyle to finally score a goal or two (remember he was kind of linked to the Emirates during the summer), and maybe time for Stephen Hunt to nick a goal and become a hero there. I’ve got Nasri and Walcott in my team and purty sure and least one of them will start on the bench.

Blackburn at Newcastle, Alldardyce the manager who was essentially hounded out of St James Park returns, Samba versus Andy Carroll will be quite the match up. (and sure don’t I have both players, so if one excels the other costs me points)

Darren Bent returns to Spurs (I thought he was injured but site says he’s available at moment)

Transfers


I’m going to make none so that I have two to play with for weekend.

Theory/Selection


Can’t imagine Manchester Derby being a goal fest, so I went with Hart as keeper cos I imagine he’ll have a lot of saves to make. I’ll captain Malouda cos of the whole Chelsea-wil-be-like-a-wounded-animal-factor. Even though Andy Carroll looks tasty on current form. But if any manager has his teams drilled to not be phased bu two big men up front, it’d be Big Sam

My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


Midfield overhaul on cards next week. Hunt, Kuyt & Nani are looking worthwhile


Captains Corner with Phergal


average week for me again. hard to make any ground up on people.

anyways:

finally things are getting interesting, injuries and fixtures piling up and the threat of rotation is high. it's a great time to make up some ground on your opponents. due to rotation there is a distinct possibility your captain might not play if it's an easy fixture or come on for 20 minutes. the latter is the worst possible scenario as you won't have emergency captain rules kicking in and will likely get 2 points. so be careful.

looking at the fixtures then, my own pick is fabregas against wolves although there is rumours about his hammy acting up but i'll gamble, i know i said he was due a points haul last week, but this week he is due a points haul. that's in italics so it has to happen.

The manchester derby could be a goalfest or a 0-0 draw, impossible to tell really. i would go for a attacking football goal fest tho, both trying to pick up 3 points to catch chelsea. tevez is a decent pick here and nani if he recovers (very doubtful).

i like a resurgent liverpool away to wigan, full of confidence after beating chelsea and torres looking dangerous again, torres is possibly the best pick this week if you have him.

chelsea at home to fullham is okayish, chelsea haven't been looking too impressive against the better teams, drogba should start here tho, having come on later in the match against liverpool (something ancelotti surely was regretting), and could be a good pick but i'd be inclined to stay away from this one, much better options out there.

other picks: cahill @home to bolton, nolan/caroll @home to blackburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment