Friday, November 19, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 14


Fantasy Football Preview Week 14

For gods sake, another poor poor week, I used to be genuinely great at this game. I score 48 points, with an average of 46 points scored. I dropped 4 places. Once again 7 players got 3 points or less FFS.

Vindication


My prediction about Ghan, that I did not follow myself.

Putting Van Der Vaart as captain, he got 10 points so doubling that up etc etc. It’s always good to manage to pick your highest scoring player as yer captain.

D’oh


My prediction about Ghan, that I did not follow myself.

Getting rid of Bale, particularly after my bold statement about him in last week’s blog.

The fact Everton, Man Utd and Chelsea all failed to keep a clean sheet, what’s that about?

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


Mark Hughes v Man City. Mark Hughes has not set the season alight with Fulham yet, but this team will be beyond motivated (not in the way Danny Murphy moaned about a few months ago though), and I’m sure Hughes will know the weaknesess of the players he had under his tenure. I’d say he’s disappointed Richards isn’t playing!

Gallas returns to Arsenal. Ok, he won’t be the biggest Judas story but he loves to stand out in the story of any game. What will happen???

I have a feeling about Zigic with Chelsea this week. Terry out + An injured Alex lining out + Zigic scoring midweek = a potential goal or two. If that happens Cole will lose my clean sheet bonus. I don’t’ know if I should even play Alex on my team this week, I can see him limping off early and certainly picking up a yellow or more while struggling with the Zigic show.

Transfers


Even though tweaking should be a good idea, I’m gonna hold tough so I can have two transfers next week. What with a very though weekend to spot any real ‘obvious’ results and the fact there’s champions league matches midweek, there’s a chance any of my 7 players involved in those match might need be to replaced due to injury.

Theory/Selection


The Spurs/Arsenal match won’t be nil all, and who knows where the goals will come from so I’ll play all three of my midfielder from that town. I reckon Bent will play some part and he’ll be eager to show Ghan who the king of the goal is, this might bite me in the ass and he’ll only play 20 mins or something.

Oddly enough, other than the anamoly that will be the North London Derby, I only have 4 players playing at home, so I’l go with Jaashkjkjljky in goal, and the Fulham team will be more motivated the Man City so Hart could be in trouble (indeed if he plays, everyone in Ireland surely wants him to be still interested so Ireland’s most capped player gets to play).

I’m tempted to put Vidic as captain to be confident of doubling up on the clean sheet they should keep, but the drama queen in me is gonna go with Nolan and his return to the ground where he made his name, and to be fair an assist from him would be as valuable as a clean sheet for the Serbian.

My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


Looking at Dunn for Blackburn’s form, he is a class player and I can see Big Sam using him like Nolan did for him in Bolton when he is fully fit. The caveat being will Dunn ever be fully fit!

Pires joining Aston Villa, could be very interesting. Impact sub at best for the next few weeks but you can see him playing behind the striker and young going back to his best position on the left flying up and down the wing.

Gordon at sunderland, 4.5 million and 11 points from his first 2 games back?

Captains Corner with Phergal


quick gloat first. brought elmander in last week and captained him. yay me aren't i special. bolton are on fire and have a decent run of fixtures; newcastle@h, blackpool@h, city, blackburn@h, sunderland and west brom@h so i would be getting in some attacking bolton players. not sure about their defence tho, not many clean sheets.

anyways, hard to look past man@home to wigan this weekend, nani is the obvious choice. maybe vidic too. berba seems to have lost his form so i'd stay away from him. rooney is rumoured to make a comeback after a week in the us nike super fitness brothel but don't bet on him getting 90 minutes. i would stay away from rooney until he starts banging in goals, which he will i have no doubt.

liverpool @ home to west ham looks good, but who knows how pool will play on the day. i'm gonna take a gamble this week and captain torres. he has hit form again and his ankle injury seems okay now as he played 45 minutes for spain (who were served 4-0 by portugal btw!) although last weeks performance doesn't instill me with huge amounts of confidence.

two other fixtures of note this weekend, the first is arsenal spurs, i expect a great attacking game with lots of goals, these teams don't do careful. VDV and fab are decent captain choices. bale too seems to finally be scoring points in the premiership.

the other unlikely fixture is blackpool@ home to wolves. i expect a lot of goals here. jarvis for wolves for the few that have him is a decent pick and adam for blackpool although he's an injury doubt.

2 comments:

  1. addendum - i broke and dropped malouda for nani, nani is at home and will surely have an impact against Wigan. Chelsea are looking shakey and now i've 1.5 million in the bank

    ReplyDelete