Friday, November 12, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview Week 13

 
Damn another very low week, I only had 9 players make any sort of appearance, and four of them got 2 points or less. I really could have planned better for that midweek. I got 37 points, while the average was 43. so I’m behind the curve. *9 points from the top at the moment, which is a bollix.

Vindication


Sticking with Hart due to expecting a dour derby, but who would have thought it could be that bad. I can’t claim ‘vindication’ for picking the top keeper, the top 2 defenders and the second best midfielder and striker can I? Cos I will if I can.

I was right about Blackburn winning too. I had no money on it though, D’oh…. Oh what a link….

D’oh


As I said, I didn’t even manage to play a full team, I didn’t think both my arsenal players would get dropped. Just a general poor showing.

Hunch / Drama / Dramatic Narrative before Sky Have Spotted it


Ghan The Man!!!! since Bent’s injury he’s really stepped into the limelight effortlessly. Does this mean Bruce can’t but play them as a duo when Bent returns? Is this the time to buy him at 7.1?

Newcastle, the more trouble the players get into, the better they do? Is Hughton gonna start giving them a bottle of tequila at training on Mondays? Other than Chelsea in 3 games time, their next 4 are all ones they’d fancy their chances in (Fulham, Bolton, West Brom)

Once again, the Van Der Vart question. I’ve bought him finally, okay the mighty mighty spurs have a games with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool within their next 6 games, but you can be sure he’ll start those games. Bale is a lot cheaper, but 25% of his points this season came from one match, so I waved him goodbye.

Does the Wolves comeback start here, after a devastating run of results, they genuinely could pull 10/12 points from their next 18. Is time for Hunt & Doyle to get our Irish eyes smiling? Time for Foley to knock in a few crosses?

Transfers

Distin and Nolan in, Samba and Reo Coker out. As I said, I fancy a Newcastle run of form (on top of the one they are already on, how insightful eh?) and I really can't work out why I got rid of Nolan in the first place. And Distin is performing better than Samba this season. You do the math! (not really needed in this sense, but I’ve always wanted to use it as a phrase)

Theory/Selection


We might remember Arsenal’s last visit to Goodison Park, when they destroyed Everton, mainly due to the whole club being unsettled cos of the Lescott ‘affair’. I reckon payback is on the cards, but Arsenal really need to keep up the momentum of beating Wolves. I kinda have the feeling the ancelotti will rest Malouda, Alex or Cole this weekend, so my bench means my Arsenal pair and Everton pair will both play, so the usual problem of if my defenders do their job, my arsenal players won’t score more than 2 points and vice versa. But as it stands I will demote Coleman to 1st choice sub, but I expect him to play. On an actual players level I do relish seeing Coleman versus Walcott as a match up.

Will go with VDV as captain, cos they are at home etc and it'd be a great debut for him with Len Rovers. I may change that to Nolan at any point tonight.

My Team this week



 

Keeping An Eye On


I brought in two midfielders. For next few weeks, Walcott and Malouda are gonna be looking over their shoulders, I reckon Nani has to be in my team soon. Still expect Hunt to start bubbling up soon,


Captains Corner with Phergal


Captains corner was last spotted struggling to catch a flight to berlin for the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Agree with you on Malouda, don't think he will play this weekend but Nani rarely does it away from home. Neither does Walcott, especially at somewhere like Goodison so he's out for me. Have put Rodellega and Odemwingie in as I can see them getting a few against each other.

    Identical with Bale out and VDV as skipper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woves are definitely worth keeping an eye on - Jarvis has been great by all accounts recently

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH! I brought in Hahnemann and meant to play him at home to bolton but must not have pressed 'save'. Now i have foster in goal away to man city... epic fail,

    ReplyDelete